been/gone down this/that road beforeidiom
Definition of been/gone down this/that road before
—used to say that someone has done the same kind of thing before or had the same experience before They had been down that road before and knew the kinds of problems it involved.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game