beaver awayphrasal verb
beavered away; beavering away; beavers away
Definition of beaver away
: to work in a very active and energetic way They've been beavering away for hours. —often + at They're still beavering away at the problem.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game