Definition of beaux esprits
plural of bel esprit
: a person with a fine and gifted mind as a bel esprit she despised pedantry whether in a man or in a bluestocking— Robert Halsband
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game