Definition of beauty shot
- But mostly the networks use the blimp to provide “beauty shots” of the stadium environs …
- —Eric Michael Levin, TV Guide, 22 Mar. 1980
- With quick camera cuts and skyscraper-high energy, the series revels in the daily whirlwind of New York. That frenetic pace is in sharp contrast to the beauty shots of the properties, which appear as gentle oases of luxury.
- —Dana Jennings, New York Times, 21 Mar. 2010
- Goldman … has put together a significant yet easy-to-peruse batch of her “best-ever” sweets and savories, well written and presented clearly with a mix of technique and beauty shots.
- —Bonnie S. Benwick, Washington Post, 5 Dec. 2007
- The film's flow of beauty shots is astonishingly unending, from expanses of wheat captured at the magic hour to evocative labor portraits.
- —Tom Russo, Boston Globe, 21 Oct. 2007