Definition of bean pot
1 : a covered pot of heavy crockery made especially for the slow cooking of beans
2 : any crockery or metal pot or utensil used in the slow cooking of foods (such as beans) an electric bean pot individual bean pots of brown pottery
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?