beaker folkplural noun, often capitalized B
variants: or less commonly beaker people \ ˈbēkə(r)- \ or beakermen \ -mən , -ˌmen \
Definition of beaker folk
: a prehistoric people living in Europe in the early Bronze Age whose culture was characterized by bell beakers buried with their dead in round barrows
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?