be/get carried awayidiom
Definition of be/get carried away
: to be so excited that one is no longer in control of one's behavior I shouldn't have behaved like that. I just got carried away. They allowed themselves to be carried away by fear.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game