Definition of bay shrimp
- … a Greek salad that arrived piled with bay shrimp—all simple, hearty and delicious.
- —Barbara Tannenbaum, Los Angeles Times, 10 Nov. 2002
- Served in an old-fashioned “tulip” sundae glass, the cocktail consists of dozens of tiny bay shrimp topped by a dollop of zippy red sauce.
- —Greg Morago, Hartford (Connecticut) Courant, 6 Apr. 2003
- Bay shrimp are a key building block in the bay's food chain. They are eaten by birds, such as blue herons and snowy egrets, as well as by fish such as striped bass.
- —Paul Rogers, San Jose (California) Mercury News, 17 July 2003