Definition of batida
1 : an alcoholic drink traditionally made in Brazil that contains cachaça, either fruit juice or coconut milk, and sugar They also make the smoothest … batida hereabouts by substituting honey for the customary heaping spoonful of sugar.— Warren Hoge, New York Times, 12 Nov. 1980 … you can still taste bliss in a coconut batida on the veranda …— Katherine Ellison, Miami Herald, 4 Dec. 1994
2 : batido … the batidas are sweet, cold, and frothy. — New Yorker, 12 June 2000
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game