Definition of bath sponge
1 : a sponge used in or for bathing
2 : any of several fairly large sponges (family Spongidae) lacking spicules and having elastic skeletons of spongin that are gathered commercially in the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game