basso buf·fo | \ -¦bü-(ˌ)fō\
plural bassi buffi\ -¦bü-(ˌ)fē \ or basso buffos\ -¦bü-(ˌ)fōz \
Definition of basso buffo
: a bass singer of comic roles in opera
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?