Definition of basil thyme
: any of several fragrant herbs or shrubs: such as
a : a fragrant European herb (Clinopodium acinos synonym Satureja acinos synonym Acinos arvensis) of the mint family that has small violet flowers and is naturalized in Canada and the northern U.S.
— called also basil balm, mother-of-thyme
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?