basic amenitiesplural noun
Definition of basic amenities
: things considered to be essential to make life easier and more pleasant The government intends to provide the isolated town with basic amenities, such as roads, running water, and electricity.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game