Definition of baseballer
: a baseball player … the dispute between the professional baseballers and a scientist who claimed that the curve ball was an optical illusion.— E. L. Doctorow, Ragtime, (1974) 1975 In the '90s dozens of sports stars, including baseballers Eric Davis and Darryl Strawberry, have returned to action after battling cancer.— Mark Starr et al., Newsweek, 15 May 2000
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?