barong tagalognoun, sometimes capitalized T
barong ta·ga·log | \ -təˈgäləg\
Definition of barong tagalog
: a light loose long-sleeved man's shirt, the national dress shirt of the Philippines, that is frequently made of piña, ramie, or similar fiber, often embroidered on the collar and facing, and worn with the tails not tucked in
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game