Definition of barley pearler
: a device containing a revolving abrasive stone that rubs the hull, bran, and germ from the barley kernel to produce pearled barley, small models being used to test the density of the kernels of barley, wheat, and other grains
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game