variants: or less commonly barium dioxide
Definition of barium peroxide
: a compound BaO2 obtained as a grayish white toxic powder by heating barium monoxide in air or oxygen and used chiefly in making hydrogen peroxide and in pyrotechnics
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game