ba·ri·o·lage | \ ¦barēō¦läzh\
Definition of bariolage
1 : medley
2 : a cadenza for a solo musical instrument specifically : a special effect in violin playing obtained by playing in rapid alternation upon open and stopped strings
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game