barge in onphrasal verb
barged in on; barging in on; barges in on
Definition of barge in on
: to suddenly and rudely interrupt or disturb (something or someone) I was getting angry because she kept barging in on our conversation.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Moon-Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?