Definition of bargaining chip
: something that can be used to gain an advantage when trying to make a deal or an agreement The workers used the threat of a strike as a bargaining chip in their negotiations.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game