bank·sku·ta | \ ˈbaŋkˌskütə\
variants: or less commonly bankskoite \ -kȯitə \
Definition of bankskuta
: a usually ketch-rigged Scandinavian fishing craft designed for use in the North Sea bank fisheries and averaging from 30 to 70 tons burden
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game