Definition of banded structure
: a geological structure characterized by an arrangement of different minerals in layers that appear as bands in cross section (as in a fissure vein) or of different colors or textures in layers in a rock consisting of one mineral (as in onyx marble)
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game