variants: or less commonly band-tail pigeon or bandtail \ ˈband-ˌtāl \
Definition of band-tailed pigeon
: a wild pigeon (Columba fasciata) of western North America that is often confused with the now extinct passenger pigeon but is distinguished by a rounded tail with a black transverse band
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game