Definition of bananaquit
Note: There are numerous subspecies of bananaquit. The bananaquit is sometimes referred to as a honeycreeper (see honeycreeper sense 1), and while it has been historically placed in the family Coerebidae, it is now sometimes placed with the other honeycreepers in the tanager family, Thraupidae.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game