Definition of bananaquit
Note: There are numerous subspecies of bananaquit. The bananaquit is sometimes referred to as a honeycreeper (see honeycreeper sense 1), and while it has been historically placed in the family Coerebidae, it is now sometimes placed with the other honeycreepers in the tanager family, Thraupidae.
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game