bambanoun, often capitalized
bam·ba | \ ˈbämbə\
Definition of bamba
: a foot-tapping couple dance deriving from one of the huapangos of Mexico and danced in ballrooms of the U.S.
— called also la bamba
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game