ba·mah | \ ˈbäˌmä\
plural bamoth\ -mōth , -ōt , -ōs \
Definition of bamah
: a high place especially : one that serves as a sanctuary (such as one originally devoted to a non-Israelite religion that later served as a place where Yahweh was worshiped)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?