Definition of ball-striker
: a golfer regarded for his or her ability to hit the ball squarely The 26-year-old is a solid ball-striker and seems to have graduated from the same School of Cool as Retief Goosen, which is to say, nothing seems to excite or bother him very much.— Jason Sobel, ESPN.com, 2 Jan. 2011
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?