variants: or ballfield
Definition of ball field
: a field for playing a sport using a ball especially : a baseball field The 14-year-old Astroturf surface at Dean Field in Bloomfield, one of the city's most popular ball fields, will be replaced with real grass next year. — Jon Schmitz In Minneapolis, they tore down Met Stadium for a polyester ballfield with a roof over it, a ghostly greenish plastic baseball mall, and all those lovely summer nights were lost. — Garrison Keillor
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?