Definition of balanced lethal
: a true-breeding heterozygous organism maintained in a stable state through the existence of different lethals on each of a pair of homologous chromosomes and resulting in loss of all homozygotes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game