bag·gage·man | \ -ˌman, -aa(ə)n also -ən\
Definition of baggageman
1 : a railroad employee who is in charge of the checked baggage of passengers during the run of a train and unloads it at the proper destination
2 : a porter in a hotel who carries heavy luggage, arranges for receipt and shipment of baggage, sets up sample rooms, and supplies travel information
3 : an employee at a bus terminal who takes care of the checking, loading, or release of travelers' baggage
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game