bada binginterjection (1)
Definition of bada bing
(Entry 1 of 2)
—used especially to emphasize something regarded as surprising, sudden, effortlessly achieved, or impressive This was all it really took? A mass, a prayer and bada bing! Absolution? — Jeanne Jackson, East Bay Express (California), 13 May 2009
bada boominterjection (2)
Definition of bada boom (Entry 2 of 2)
: bada bing One minute you're stuck on U.S. 50, the next you're sailing along suburban streets and, bada boom, you're at the bridge.— Julie Scharper, Baltimore Sun, 30 Aug. 2008
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game