bad hair daynoun
Definition of bad hair day
: a day when one's hair is unattractive and unmanageable You think you've had a bad hair day? One U.S. woman has hair problems that go way beyond such ordinary complaints as split ends. — Science News also : a bad day : a day with many problems, annoyances, etc. Way back when Moses had that bad hair day on the mountain and broke the commandment tablets, I'm thinking when he put them all back together there was an 11th one missing. — Dwain Walden
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game