bad hair daynoun
Definition of bad hair day
: a day when one's hair is unattractive and unmanageable You think you've had a bad hair day? One U.S. woman has hair problems that go way beyond such ordinary complaints as split ends. — Science News also : a bad day : a day with many problems, annoyances, etc. Way back when Moses had that bad hair day on the mountain and broke the commandment tablets, I'm thinking when he put them all back together there was an 11th one missing. — Dwain Walden
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game