Definition of bacterial canker
: any of various plant diseases caused by bacteria and characterized by the formation of cankers: such as
a : a disease of stone fruits (such as plums and cherries) caused by bacteria of the genus Pseudomonas and marked by cankers on affected branches with copious exudation of gum and often severe dieback of affected areas
b : tomato canker
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game