Definition of baby monitor
: an electronic device consisting of a one-way radio or video transmitter with a portable receiver for remotely listening to or observing an otherwise unattended child Since they were introduced in the early eighties, baby monitors have helped reassure millions of moms and dads that their children were snoozing safely.— Anna David
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game