Definition of baby broccoli
: a green vegetable plant that is a hybrid of broccoli and Chinese broccoli and produces long, thin, tender stems and loose clusters of yellow florets Baby broccoli has thinner stems than regular broccoli and long, feathery flowers that cook up nicely in this mixed-rice risotto.— Martha Rose Shulman, New York Times, 4 Sept. 2012
Note: Baby broccoli is often sold under the trademark Broccolini.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game