baby boom echonoun
Definition of baby boom echo
: a secondary baby boom that occurs when the children of a baby boom have children of their own : baby boomlet Construction spiked at the same time as a giant wave of 20-somethings—another wrinkle unique to Utah, a baby boom echo long after the rest of the country's—entered the worlds of work, housing and family.— Kirk Johnson, New York Times, 24 Feb. 2008
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game