axiomata mediaplural noun
ax·i·o·ma·ta me·dia | \ ˌaksēˈōmətəˈmēdēə, -sēˈäm-\
Definition of axiomata media
: the general principles that are above simple empirical laws yet inferior to the highest generalizations or to those that are taken to be fundamental : middle principles
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?