Definition of awnless bromegrass
: a drought-resistant perennial bromegrass (Bromus inermis) with awns lacking or very short that spreads by creeping rhizomes, is native to Europe, and is cultivated for forage and hay
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game