awl·wort | \ ˈȯlˌwərt, -ȯrt\
Definition of awlwort
: a small aquatic plant (Subularia aquatica) of the family Cruciferae with tufted awl-shaped leaves and minute white flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game