Definition of avunculicide
: the killing of an uncle by his nephew or niece This is not the place to relate the circumstances of every case of Fratricide, but some are of more particular interest. The first may more properly be described as “avunculicide,” for it was his uncle … whom Osman I got rid of in 1298 …— Anthony Dolphin Alderson, The Structure of the Ottoman Dynasty, 1956
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?