variants: or Auxiliarist
plural auxiliarists or Auxiliarists
Definition of auxiliarist
: a member of the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary
Note: The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary is an organization of civilian volunteers who provide various forms of support and assistance to the Coast Guard.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game