Definition of autosampler
: a device that automatically loads collected samples (as for spectroscopic or chromatographic analysis) into a laboratory instrument New autosamplers … have contributed substantially to the advancement of combinatorial chemistry, because the increased speed and decreased sample amounts have considerably reduced the cost of experiments.— Terrance A. Rooney
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game