Definition of autocollimation
: the process of collimating an instrument (such as a telescope) having objective and cross hairs by directing it toward a plane mirror and adjusting the lens and cross hairs so that the latter coincide with their own reflected image
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game