Definition of autocalibration
: automatic calibration or the ability of a device or system to automatically calibrate itself During autocalibration, three cameras record the position of test patterns and feed that data to a bank of computers, which adjust the settings of the projectors to eliminate misalignments. — Colin Stewart, Orange County Register (California), 2 May 2006 The … analyzers employ an autocalibration feature that is operator programmable as to frequency and sequence. — Oil & Gas Journal, 6 Apr. 1992
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game