Definition of attachment parenting
: parenting of an infant that is characterized by highly responsive care and frequent close contact so as to aid in the attachment between infant and parent In its best form, attachment parenting produces secure babies and loving parents. In its worst, it inverts motherhood into a slavish duty where baby-sitters are viewed as suspect, cribs are considered cruel, and the child's needs always trump the mother's.— Mona Gable
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game