atomic layer depositionnoun
Definition of atomic layer deposition
: a technique for depositing a film onto a surface in monolayers by utilizing a self-limiting chemical reaction 20nm of aluminium oxide was used as a gate insulator, built-up by atomic layer deposition over a seed layer of oxidised aluminium on the graphene surface.— Steve Bush
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game