atomic hydrogen weldingnoun
Definition of atomic hydrogen welding
: arc welding that utilizes an alternating-current arc between two metal electrodes to dissociate hydrogen from a surrounding stream so that when the hydrogen atoms recombine into molecules at the surface of the part being welded they supply to the surface for fusion the heat that was absorbed in the arc during dissociation
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?