at·a·cam·ite | \ ˌatəˈkaˌmīt, əˈtakəˌm-\
Definition of atacamite
: a mineral Cu2Cl(OH)3 consisting of a basic copper chloride that is transparent or translucent and of various shades of green and occurs usually in prismatic orthorhombic crystals but also in crystalline aggregates or in massive form (hardness 3–3.5, specific gravity 3.75–3.77)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?