at/in close quartersidiom
Definition of at/in close quarters
1 : close together usually in a very small space The sailors were living in close quarters.
2 : being in close contact We could observe the behavior of all the animals at close quarters.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game