at first sightidiom
Definition of at first sight
: when first seen or considered It appears at first sight to be a simple matter of hiring more people.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 12/6/19
- Getting with the ‘Program’ (or ‘Programme’)
- Why Do We Say Teams Get a 'Bye'?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/29/19
Ask the Editors
- Semantic Drift Quiz Take the quiz
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game